Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connection to SQL Server DB, Error [IM004]

Jurjenz
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I'm getting the following error when connection to SQL Server DB: ''Connection Error: ERROR [IM004] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed''

I'm looking to connect to a SQL Server DB which previously (before I switched laptops) was never a problem.

Since I switched I'm getting the error in the screenshot below and I'm kind of lost as to why this is occurring. I'm getting this error both when running locally via Designer (2018.3) and when connecting through Alteryx server (this gallery connection worked fine previously).

Interestingly enough I can connect to the DB fine via SQL Server Management Studio.

Thanks in advance for any tips/direction.

Kind regards,

Jurjenz

11 REPLIES 11
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jurjenz 

Have you tried to reinstall drivers? 

Cheers,

Jurjenz
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot, stupidly enough reinstalling the same driver solved it!

Thanks!

mdavis120
5 - Atom

What driver needs reinstalled if you are having this error?

paulxbarnes
5 - Atom

I appreciate this has been marked as closed but I've spent a bit of time trying to find where the Alteryx SQL drivers are in order to redownload them, having encountered the same issue. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? 

Jurjenz
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

Sorry to not be of more help. Reinstalling the driver literally solved this issue for me. I think it was the ODBC 17 driver.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56567

paulxbarnes
5 - Atom

Thanks so much. Feeling like an idiot for searching for Alteryx drivers rather than Windows ODBC Drivers. Worked instantly.

KbsNaidu
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I'm  getting the below error :

Unable to Open Query Builder: ERROR [IM004] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's

SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed"

I can able to open builder before running my query only after that it throwing the error.

And if  I close the Alteryx app and relaunch it then it's working that too before run only.

I'm using ODBC drive 12.1 

Could you help ?

jhaider
5 - Atom

Yes same issue as highlighted by KbsNaidu above, the problem goes away after restarting Alteryx before running the workflow. It reappears after each execution. There should a way to restart the drive instead of closing Alteryx

vball
7 - Meteor

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this? I updated to the newest version of Alteryx and still have the same problem.

Labels