Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connection Progress - Not Showing though dropdown in canvas option is set to "show"

ThomasLEI
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

Cant really figure out what is going on. 

running a workflow, canvas sittings -> connection progress = "Show" but no boxes in the workflow at all. 

Have googled this issue, and searched the community for a solution. but without any luck. 

image.png

Can anyone guide me, on what is wrong?

Rgds

Thomas

12 REPLIES 12
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ThomasLEI 

I think I've noticed before that if the tools are too close together the connection progress will not show. Have you tried spacing the tools more?

ThomasLEI
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @jamielaird

Just tried now, it doesn't make any difference. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ThomasLEI 

I've noticed this before as well.  What's generally worked in the past is to change to one of the other options, run the workflow and change back.  

Dan

ThomasLEI
6 - Meteoroid

hi @danilang

I have already tried this. not sure what happened. 

I have build a lot of workflows, at one stage it was gone. 

cant seem to get this working again, quite annoying. 

Rgds

Thomas 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@ThomasLEI 

A shot in the dark here, but could you be running low on available RAM.  Maybe the connection progress is only visible if there are enough resources to display it.

Dan

ThomasLEI
6 - Meteoroid

@danilang 

Could be a possible solution, but only 42% is used. and data set only contains 10 k lines. 

\Thomas

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you check your global settings under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > Canvas

I'm wondering whether there's some kind of a conflict there.

progress.png

ThomasLEI
6 - Meteoroid

@MichalM 

Thanks for your post.

I have checked this some times, tried to change it back and forth. 

nothing seems to work. 

image.png

\Thomas

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

I'm having the same problem : any solution ?

Labels