Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to an API via Download Tool

Leah
5 - Atom

Hi, I am trying to connect to MailChimp API. I have the URL & API Key on a text input which feeds it to the download tool as configured below:

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_2.png

Upon running, the donwload data indicatea that "Your request did not include an API key"
The Output Download Header contains this string:

clipboard_image_3.png

I'm not sure if I'm lacking a step or if I have configured it wrong. Many thanks to anyone who could help.

7 REPLIES 7
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Leah ,

Reading through their documentation, I think you'll be able to use the connection tab in the download tool.

You can set anything as your user name and then the API key as the password.

Leah
5 - Atom

Thanks for the help Joe. I tried your suggestion but it still has the same error.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have just been having a play.

I don't know why....as API's are always confusing to me, but it appears the MailChimp API not only doesn't like spaces it's also case sensitive.

If you change the name of your field to "apikey" (all lowercase and no space) and then add it in the payload part of the download tool, that should work.

Well for me it changes the error from API Key missing to API Key invalid (as I don't actually have one), so should work for you.

Leah
5 - Atom

I think that did the trick. Thanks!

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great stuff. Glad I was able to help you get it working.

Do post back if you need a hand interpreting the results!

Aditia
6 - Meteoroid

@JoeS ....I am getting invalid Input in download tool error. Even API URL step is passed. 

Aditia_1-1648929630149.png

I am providing Basic auth token still getting 400 error : (

ThornhillTaylor
7 - Meteor

@JoeS  and @Leah   I have the same issue.. and have followed this post to a T.. but the error persist.

Labels