Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to WordPress

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I need to do some WordPress maintenance, rather than write 1000 SQL statements (well, 1043 to be exact) I want to use Alteryx.

I've done all the right things - enabled remote connection, created the ODBC, etc... and I can read my posts table very easily

The problem is the postmeta table.  Every time I try to read this (using an Input tool), it might read the table the first time the workflow is run, but on every subsequent run I get ... 

You have found a bug.  Replicate, then let us know.  We shall fix it soon

It's a fairly simple process to replicate, but is there any way I can get around this bug now ?

2 REPLIES 2
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @cmcclellan 

To find a more detailed error message for that response, i would recommend checking the Designer logs. These might provide some help.
Under Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings, there is a 'logging directory' setting. If you supply a folder path here, Designer will produce a log file when the workflow is run. Hopefully this log file might help you understand what is going on.

Otherwise - it may be worth contacting Alteryx Support, as it seems to be an unclear problem. 

It sounds like people have had similar problems through the connection timing out:
https://anothercoffee.net/fix-error-code-2013-lost-connection-mysql-server-query/

Are you able to refine the search?

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Thanks for the tip, the log files produce exactly what I was seeing in the Results window.

It seems it's more of a server issue - I have 2 Input tools at the moment (2 different tables) and the second one always causes this error, so it's not the postmeta table that is the problem, it's the second connection that's the problem.  I will have to fix that logic in order to proceed.

Labels