Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connecting to SOAP BC Services Dynamics 365

Constantinosch
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

Hope you are well.

We are trying to connect to Web Services through SOAP on Dynamics 365 but we are partially unsuccessful.
After going through the community we were able to get the body using the download tool however we are not able to retrieve the values of the fields in the body.

Not sure if what i'm saying makes sense so apologies. Attached is the xml we are able to download however we need to find a way to retrieve the data of the fields circled .

Download tool is on default configuration with the payload settings ~ 

Constantinosch_0-1655286384999.png

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Constantinosch,

I would try using the XML Parse tool:

IraWatt_0-1655286633490.png

Check the examples ^ to see how it works.

If that doesn't work could you copy and paste the XML as text or drop it as a file and we could try looking at parsing it with Regex.

Constantinosch
7 - Meteor

Hey Ira, 

Thanks for your reply,

I believe the issue is that i'm not even downloading the data just the body. 
I have tried using xml parse , however i'll attach the xml file just in case.

I'm also attaching what the table actually looks like when opening through Dynamics, as you can see we are trying to retrieve the data of the table,

Again thank you for the reply !

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Constantinosch!

I agree with @IraWatt that XML parse is the way to go, but I scanned the xml file and I don't see the values you are seeking. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

can you share the payload you are feeding in - or any configurations on the parameters screen where you specify that you are looking for the exchange list? otherwise you may be receiving a response that the connection works - but there is nothing being requested - hence the basically empty response.

Constantinosch
7 - Meteor

Thanks everyone but we decided to go on a different route !

At first look we realised that the values are not even included in the XML file generated by 365 Dynamics page

We ended up connected via OData which is a bit more straightforward for us. 

Thank you everyone for your help, at least there was an opportunity to learn the XML Parse Tool!

Have a good week ahead :) 

Labels