Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to Oracle database

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to Oracle Database from Alteryx. I am receiving below error message. Do I need to do anything in specific to connect to Oracle database?

Kavya432_0-1583862327071.png

Thanks

Kavya

9 REPLIES 9
alyssa_sedai
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Kavya432,

Yes.

1) Do you have the Oracle client?

2) Do you have the tnsnames.ora file

3) Once you do you need to go to your computer Start Menu, right click Computer, Select properties (you want to get to the System in Control Panel), choose Advanced System Settings, click the Environment Variable Option, under the system variable list select "New...", for variable name type TNS_ADMIN, copy and paste the path of the Oracle client.

If you have done all of that then

1) Is your write driver the same as read driver?

2) Did you set the Connection Name, Host Name, Service Name, and Port?

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

I did all that but still same error message. Yes I have the files you mentioned. Do I need to add Oracle Driver in my 64 bit ODBC. I have in 32-bit ODBC connection but not in 64-bit. Seems Altreyx support 64-bit ODBC driver?

Kavya432_0-1583878377534.png

alyssa_sedai
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Kavya432 

I have the 64 bit so I would try that.

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

After installing on 64 bit it worked fine.

Thanks you!

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team I am facing same issue and i could not able to find 64 bit Oracle drivers can you please help me on the same.

I have 32bit Oracle drivers and i could not able to save workflows in Gallery. please help on soon.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ddiesel ,

Thank you for your response,

I tried installing 11.2 version of driver but i dont see any set up file to install .exe file tried to click nothing happens am still not able to connect to oracle DB using alteryx.

please let me know if you can guide me with any steps.

Thank you

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Do you have admin rights on your machine?

Do you see the driver already listed in ODBC admin?

Capture4.PNG

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ddiesel ,

I see the oracle driver and oracle connection under SYTEM DSN . workflows are able to run in the Gallery but those are not running in Designer from Alteryx. showing The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application.

System also 64 bit only. can you able help me on this? Thank you

Labels