Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to Lotus Notes SQL

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Hi

I am trying to connect to a Lotus Notes SQL database (.nrf). The ODBC connection appears to test out ok. However when attempting to bring the connection in Alteryx, upon selecting the connection, i get the blue spinning symbol on mouse pointer a couple of times, then nothing. No meta data view to select tables or build query, no errors. 

If there is anyone out there who has set this up would appreciate any insight. 

Cheers

Gavin

Alteryx Everything, Leave no one behind.
2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @GavinAttard

While I haven't specifically tried to connect to a SQL backend for Lotus, this does sound a lot like another ODBC connection I had one time where the DBA's settings wouldn't let Alteryx query the schema.

If you can get some table lists and do just a simple "select top 10 * from ...." you might be able to confirm if that's the case.

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Thanks @patrick_mcauliffe

So yes turns out this is the case, however the core problem was the security system (mcafee) thinking Alteryx was malware, so it was blocking the connection. 

What i now get is just a table list, but no visible schema. 

Running a simple grap everything query was returning a "Root element is missing" message, which then suddenly righted itself after a few attempts.... :-/

the 100 record preview works fine, however when i try to run in workflow i ge tthe ConnectNamedPipe error. So diagnosing that... 

Alteryx Everything, Leave no one behind.
Labels