Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connecting to Excel on Sharepoint Library - Can't find the file

harvjul
8 - Asteroid

I am with many others and am finding Alteryx and files on Sharepoint a near impossible situation.  Our company is now all Sharepoint Libraries, not Sharepoint lists or network drives.

Each time I open and run a workflow I get this error:  ErrorLink: Input Data (1335): https://community.alteryx.com/t5/*/*/ta-p/733391?utm_source=designer&utm_medium=resultsgrid|Can't find the file: "\\hilti.sharepoint.com\sites\hna005097\Contract Tracking\FREIGHT STATUS CHANGES-Contract Admin.xlsx". Make sure the file path is correct.

This means that I can't just run a workflow.  It also means I cannot schedule a workflow on the server and have it run there.  So I am a slave to anything I create.

I have to put the link in Internet Explorer to get the permissions to "refresh".  I can't easily add it to trusted sites or anything else, as IT manages all of that over in Europe, not locally.   
This is the method I am using from this post.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Connect-Alteryx-Designer-to-Excel-in-S...

I am a project manager and developer that is doing work for multiple departments across our company with numerous Excel files as input.  I can't sync everyone's Sharepoint location to my local folder per this workaround, as I would have to buy a much bigger boat to house everything.  I can't ask them to move their files or change to Sharepoint Lists, as each department uses them in daily execution activities.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Connect-to-Sharepoint-with-A...

I see some posts, but no real solutions.  This should be pretty basic to read a file in that is stored on Sharepoint.  What are the options?  Is there some global setting I can ask IT to change?  What are others doing? 

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @harvjul 

I'm afraid there is no built in support at the moment.  There are many ideas suggesting this. Google "alteryx ideas sharepoint document library"

There are workarounds like your solution or this one, involving OneDrive, but until Alteryx gets cracking and provides some native support, we're stuck with jury-rigged solutions.

Dan  

harvjul
8 - Asteroid

If I sync every library for every project that I work on, I can't hand anything off or have it scheduled on the Server.  My own One Drive is synced locally because our network has performance issues, so I also wouldn't have enough room on my laptop. 

Painful, painful.  Alteryx, get cracking!

harvjul
8 - Asteroid

I was on a call where I heard there was some type of Sharepoint Library beta now.  Anyone know?

CharudattaChousalkar
6 - Meteoroid

I have posted a API solution along with workflow file in this thread. Please check: Solved: Connect Alteryx Designer to Excel in SharePoint in... - Alteryx Community

Labels