Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to Corptax ODBC

AshleenKenney
7 - Meteor

Does anyone have any experience connecting to Corptax ODBC? I have added the Corptax ODBC Driver but can not connect. The connection Error I am receiving is

ERROR [08001][Corptax][ODBC] (103800 Unable to establish a connection with data source. Missing settings: {[contextName]} 

11 REPLIES 11
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@AshleenKenney,

Just to make you aware, Corptax is not a supported data source for Alteryx, so you may not be able to connect to it. If you would like to see this added as a Data Source please add your Idea to the Designer Ideas board.

Thanks

DanM

AshleenKenney
7 - Meteor
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your response. I was recently at a KPMG/Corptax training session and they were displaying this Corptax ODBC0-Alteryx connection functionality so I know connection is possible. I spoke with a Corptax Support Rep this morning and they are working on sending me specific setup instructions for connecting. Are you just saying it is not a supported data source meaning connection could be possible but without support?

[Verizon]

Ashleen E. Kenney
Tax Manager | Verizon Lean Six Sigma Black Belt | CSC Corptax Certified Professional

900 Race Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107

O 267.768.6063 | M 215.805.8844
ashleen.e.timoney@verizon.com

[Twitter] [Instagram]
AshleenKenney
7 - Meteor

Attached are connection instructions received from Corptax. This worked for me.

Chriszou
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for all the info. Do you by chance know if Alteryx can upload or write data back to CorpTax ODBC ? Thanks ! 

AshleenKenney
7 - Meteor

My understanding is that you can not push to Corptax via ODBC; only pulling of data is available via the ODBC connection.  We still use Corptax Office or an import file (generated via Alteryx output) to get data into Corptax 

Chriszou
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much ! Much appreciated for the info. 

Chriszou
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the guidance. Do you by chance know if the Corptax ODBC works on Alteryx server or it only works on the desktop version of Alteryx. 

Thank you. 

AshleenKenney
7 - Meteor

We have been unable to get the Corptax ODBC to work on the Alteryx Server; it only works for us on the desktop version of Alteryx which has been a huge process improvement hurdle. 

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@AshleenKenney ,  this is great!  Do you have any more recent documentation from Corptax that you can share? 

Thanks

Labels