Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to Azure

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

My colleague is trying to connect to Azure through Alteryx using an Input Data tool. What he'd like to do is 'connect to Azure and run some of the stored procedures (that return data sets) and then use them in workflows'

They had been able to connect to Azure using Excel by creating an ODBC DSN.

Info: Input Data (1): ODBC Driver version: 03.80

Error: Input Data (1): Error SQLExecute: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Cursor support is not an implemented feature for SQL Server Parallel DataWarehousing TDS endpoint.

End: Designer: Finished running  in 5.9 seconds with 1 error

Does anyone have any experience of this error? or further information around connecting to Azure?

Thanks in advance,

Ciaran

4 REPLIES 4
Inactive User
Not applicable

Alteryx is expected to connect to Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse using ODBC 10.0 or 11.0 (https://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm#DataSources/SQLDW.htm).

Could you please test with one of these drivers?

CiaranA
10 - Fireball

I believe it could have been because the user was using Version 9.5 of Alteryx. Alteryx Support mentioned that It is expected that any versions following 11.7 could support ODBC 13.1.

JayG
7 - Meteor

using Alteryx Designer 11.0 x64 and while connecting Microsoft SQL server getting the error

Error: Input Data (3): Error SQLExecute: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Cursor support is not an implemented feature for SQL Server Parallel DataWarehousing TDS endpoint.
End: Designer x64: Finished running in 0.9 seconds with 1 error

Is there a workaround?

asifk
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am also currently experiencing the same error with Alteryx Server, Version: 2020.4.5.12471

I was using ODBC Driver 17 and downgraded to V13 and V11 but still receiving an error. This has been extremely annoying as i need to build working solutions on Azure Synapse but unable to connect,

Please find a solution or provide some assistance.

Regards,

Asif 

Labels