Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting input database to R Logistic Regression (or Linear Regression) Tool - only InDB

mscuaycong
7 - Meteor

I can't seem to connect from an input source (alteryx db) to the R Logistic Regression Tool.  The tool only seems to connect with InDB tools?  I had to run my own logistic regression script using the R tool connected to my input data.  I want to demo to other company users the use of the R Logistic regression tool itself.

Thanks.

M

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mscuaycong,

Are you using a regular input tool or a connect in-db tool? If you are using a connect in db, try using a data stream out then connecting to the tool.  Otherwise, you can connect to the same database using an input data tool.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
mscuaycong
7 - Meteor

I was using the regular input tool (not the indb) (See Image below.  The blue connector on the logit tool won't connect to the green connector on the input tool ).  I noticed the Logit Reg tool says it's an indb tool.  Anyway, I've solved this problem by looking at the macro behind it.  It turns out that my workflow file has other indb tools that I've disabled within tool containers.  The R Logit Reg tool automatically assumes I'm trying to connect to an indb tool when I am not.  So, I opened a new workflow and dragged the same tool onto the canvas and this time, the R Logit Reg tool has a regular connection to the input tool.  I was able to connect.

2016-11-28_9-30-46.jpg

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As you've discovered, if any In-DB tools are on the canvas the Linear Regression tool (among others) will automatically convert to In-DB. To revert to non-In-DB, right-click on the tool and go to Choose Tool Version, see below...

Untitled.png

mscuaycong
7 - Meteor

Ah, thanks, Neil.  Much better solution to opening another workflow.  Perhaps, update the documentation to include this fact? 

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It's noted in red on the Logistic Regression help page...

Untitled.png

Labels