Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting Freshdesk with Alteryx

asamarga
5 - Atom

Hi,

Anybody here who has already fetched Freshdesk data using Alteryx? Need some help. Still cannot successfully log in. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 3.19.08 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@asamarga Based on the json response from Freshdesk's API it appears that you aren't passing your credentials correctly. I did take a look at Freshdesk's API documentation and they can accept authentication via either an api key associated with your account or username and password via basic authentication. As such you should be able to authenticate using a download tool by passing your username and password in an authorization header after base64 encoding it. However, since I don't have an account with Freshdesk I am unable to test this myself.

I would recommend reviewing the Guide to Creating Your Own Connector Series especially the parts on authentication and Freshdesk's API documentation on authentication (https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#authentication) to ensure you are passing your credentials properly. If you are still having trouble with this after double checking how you are presenting the authentication I will need a copy of what you have built so far for review, and possibly credentials for Freshdesk to test with.

matthieusparkles
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the tip. Used this to get it working.

A bit more detail on how it's done with Freshdesk API en Alteryx Download tool:

1. Data field in the following format:

'your_key:x'

2. Encode this field with the base64 encoding tool

3. Rename the field to 'Authorization'

4. Select this field in the Headers tab of the download tool

Labels