community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Connecting Alteryx with Azure SQL DB

Meteoroid

Hi Team,

We are working on a project where we need to connect Alteryx with Azure SQL DB.

Alteryx is used for data blending and the output of Alteryx should be used as an Input to Azure SQL DB.

Could you please share with us how to proceed with our requirement on establishing a connectivity between Alteryx and Azure SQL DB.

Any pre-requisites documentation etc.,

Regards

Karthik

Alteryx Certified Partner

I think you just need to create an odbc connection to connect to azure SQL; this is a straight forward process.

You will need to download an appropriate driver for this connection: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/a69e9c18-c408-418c-b336-6d28e3985f31/odbc-c... which can be found in the post.

This post highlights how to create an ODBC connection in Alteryx: https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/ODBCandOLEDBConnections.htm

Ben

Meteoroid

Hi Ben,

Thanks I have created an ODBC connection and while i run my workflow Output on the ODBC connection getting an error

Error: Output Data (21): Error creating table "Logistics": [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server]CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'master'.CREATE TABLE "Logistics" ("Store Brand" varchar(255),"Total/Store" float,"Total" float,"% Sales Total" float)

Is this something to do with my Azure SQL DB?

Regards

Karthik

It looks like a permissions error on the credentials you are using to make the connection, but it's hard to advise beyond that.

Meteoroid

Yes, checking from Azure side. Believe it is something to with opening a port on Azure in order to write the data in our SQL DB. Thanks for your response

Labels