Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connect

Mhnd
8 - Asteroid

Hey Experts,

I am new user of Alteryx

I created this workflow for data that I received weekly. I have two Excel files that include accident detail of some cities.

Florida is getting the lowest percentage of accident per population. I need to get what is the biggest number of each type of accident from the other excel files. 

what is the biggest number of rear-end collisions? "speed above 60 is 60 

what is the biggest number of Sideswipe Accident in Highways?

what is the biggest number of Head-on Accident in Highways?

what is the biggest number of Reckless Driving in Highways?

So, My workflow should answer what is the lowest state in accident per population? Then goes to other files and answer these 4 question.  

4 REPLIES 4
JoeHerbert
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mhnd, welcome to the community, 

Please could you upload the Excel file with the detail of the accidents? (In your workflow there is a 'Florida Accident in Details') that is not attached to the post 🙂

Thanks,

Joe 

Mhnd
8 - Asteroid

Sorry about that.

Please forget Accident past week

JoeHerbert
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Mhnd First up, you can use the Union tool & Manually configure the fields to bring them together into one output file and rename the columns using the select tool. Then using a combination of Sort & Sample you can find the lowest State Accident/Population.

JoeHerbert_1-1635417574447.png

Secondly, similar usage of Union, Filter, Sort and Select to answer the other 4 questions: 

JoeHerbert_2-1635418413656.png
Please mark this solution as complete & check out the Getting Started Learning Pathway on community: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117    to find out more about some of the tools used in the workflow! 

Happy solving 😄 

Joe 

Mhnd
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much. That was the perfect way. 

Labels