Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect to previous week file

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with the below and wanted to know if it's doable in Alteryx

I have two input files where one runs daily and the data is refreshed. The other input file I need to connect to a spreadsheet which runs weekly. But the problem is there is a list of files that will run weekly and files will be saved in a folder and I need to connect it to the previous week file from those list of files. Not sure if this is something that can be done via Alteryx so wanted to see if I can get some help here. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @aparna0208 

Yes. It is possible. Could you please share file naming pattern so that I can help you with this.

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

@Amol_Telore  Awesome:)

SF_Firms_New_Contacts is the filename.

sparksun
11 - Bolide

Is it what you need?

sparksun_0-1660213023052.png

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your inputs:) @sparksun  So here is my requirement.

I have a workflow that would use two input data tools. I'll connect an excel file to one of those input tool and add some steps and final output will be written to an excel file. Now I need to take that output file and use it as an input in this same workflow. I know I can schedule the first workflow to run first where it writes the output to an excel and then use that output file as input in the second workflow and schedule that to run after the first workflow is done. But just thinking if it's possible to do it all in the same workflow where after the first part has finished running and then take that output and use it as input for the second part 

sparksun
11 - Bolide

Yes,Alteryx can do it as you wish.Pls change some settings in the sampe accordingly.

sparksun_0-1660532719456.png

Labels