Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connect to and Publish Back to SharePoint Online

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I was under the impression there was a direct way to connect with document libraries in SharePoint online using Alteryx 11? 

Is there a specific protocol that must be followed to set this up? 

I have a distinct folder I want to process all the files from and then I have another document library I want to publish all the result files to. 

Is this possible?  I am having trouble finding guidance in the knowledge base. 

Regards,

Adam

4 REPLIES 4
PeterS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @aehrenwo,

Right now we only support reading and writing to SharePoint lists using the SharePoint List Input Tool and SharePoint List Output Tool.  Though,other users have had success with reading and writing to the Documents library as discussed in this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/Download-Files-from-Sharepoint-2013/m-p/25364 which may be helpful for your process.

If the suggestions in the article above allows you to connect to a specific file the Document Library through a regular Input Data Tool then I would suggest trying to connect to your desired directory through the Directory tool. The Directory tool creates a list of all the files from one folder (and sub-folders if selected) that can then be input  through a Dynamic Input tool or some other process.  Then to output the files an Output Data tool can be used to write files to the desired location.

Peter Stoddard
Manager, Technical Account Management
Alteryx, Inc.

AYXGuru
5 - Atom

@PeterS How do I install these two tools? I am not able to find them @ https://help.alteryx.com/current/SharepointInput.htm

Please advise.

Thank you

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @AYXGuru,

The Sharepoint List Input and Output tools have been built into the main product for all recent releases, under the Connector's tab. Can you confirm what version of Alteryx you're on?

Awesome!!

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated! 

I was able to click on the + sign in the menu bar (far right), and add connectors to see SharePoint connectors.

Labels