Inspire EMEA 2022 On-Demand is live! Watch now, and be sure to save the date for Inspire 2023 in Las Vegas next May.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Connect to SAP Business Object reports in Alteryx

ruchisrini
5 - Atom

How to connect SAP Business Object Webi report as an input file in Alteryx. Is there any web data connector using in Alteryx similar to in Tableau?

Thanks,

Srinivas.

9 REPLIES 9
Tibo
7 - Meteor

seconding that request

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

@ruchisrini @Tibo 

did you try with Download tool where you can provide the URL and connect your data on web

take a look at the sample app attached which may help you?

Tibo
7 - Meteor

Unfortunately that wouldn't work for me as the url is the same no matter what report I'm access in Business Objects.

But I like your app and will definitelly reuse some of it (the pdf generation piece).

I'll check with my IT if I can access the raw data that Business Objects is using. I'll post my findings if I'm successful.

ruchisrini
5 - Atom

Yes, Itried the download tool but it wouldn't work for me.

JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

The first step would be to expose the WebI report as a REST Web service. This can be done in the SAP Business Objects platform. From there, the Download tool can be used to query the web service and get the data as previously suggested.

I believe data from WebI reports can also be exported as CSV which could be another option to use the data with Alteryx.

Lastly the SAP Business Objects platform also provides a REST API at the Universe level which could also be accessed by Alteryx with some custom development using the Download tool.

Thanks

JC

bpschoon
7 - Meteor

Thank you JCR. Humor me, but what would you have to connect to the Download tool from an Input Tool perspective to do this? I can't configure the download tool to do this without an Input first. 

Thank you again for the help

darronwalton
8 - Asteroid

Hi Srinivas, 

We will be releasing Alteryx connectors for SAP Business Objects Universe and SAP Business Objects WebI in February 2017. You can find out more here: http://www.dvwanalytics.com/blog/alteryx-connector-for-sap-architecture-and-roadmap.

Regards,

Darron Walton

www.dvwanalytics.com

darronwalton
8 - Asteroid

The Alteryx Connector for BusinessObjects is now generally available and is being actively used by our customers. You can learn more and request a free trial here https://www.dvwanalytics.com/free-trial.html.

Darron Walton

www.dvwanalytics.com

hrudat16
5 - Atom

Hi,

It may or not be possible to use Webi reports as direct input for Alteryx. But there are 2 ways those I can see. 

1. Use opendocument link, that may be use as webservice. ( Experts from Alteryx can put some light here)

2. Schedule webi reports in excel format and save it to shared location and then pull into alteryx using input tool .

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Hrushikesh

Labels