Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connect to OneDrive Question

kurtwz1
5 - Atom

Hey all, I am trying to connect an input and output to OneDrive, but I've hit a snag and wanted to see if someone could help.  I understand I'm supposed to download and install the connector.  I went to this page and downloaded the files: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/OneDrive-Tools/5b1f09810462d72900a250e7/run.  That page says I need to import the files.  I don't see how I do that and there's no file within the contents that makes me think that's the item I click on to install something.  Any advice on how I get OneDrive input and output tools installed? Pleeease?!?! :-D  Thanks in advance, people!!

7 REPLIES 7
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kurtwz1 - once you run the Gallery app, you should see the following - 

vObKL9

Clicking on the highlighted link will download the tool installer - it is a .yxi extension, and if you double-click it it will give you a popup that allows you to install the tool. If you are accessing the Gallery using Internet Explorer, it will actually download as a .zip instead. If possible, please use a different browser to download. If not, you can edit the file extension from a .zip to a .yxi and that should fix it!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
kurtwz1
5 - Atom

Hey Sophia, thanks for the info.  That's exactly what it was.  I was using Microsoft Edge to download and it came as a .zip, so I just changed the file extension.  Thanks for the help! - Kurt

Brian_H
7 - Meteor

Hi SophiaF,

When I try and run one_drive_v1.0.1.yxi I continually get this error. Any idea what might be causing it?

Thank

Brian

Capture.JPG

mje5056
5 - Atom

I'm having the same error message while installing.  Any thoughts?

Brian_H
7 - Meteor

If you are using VPN or behind a company firewall, try the install without thoughts. That is what ended up working for me.

Bhavana
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sophia,

I am still struggling with this. Need to connect to a file on OneDrive. which format do I need to choose from in the scroll below? None of the links below end up downloading anything. what am I missing? can you please advise?

Bhavana_0-1617306748623.png

Bhavana
6 - Meteoroid

hi Sophia,

I was able to download v1.0.1 version, it shows this error

Bhavana_1-1617307547629.png

please advise.

thank you

Bhavana

Labels