Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connect to OneDrive Question

kurtwz1
5 - Atom

Hey all, I am trying to connect an input and output to OneDrive, but I've hit a snag and wanted to see if someone could help.  I understand I'm supposed to download and install the connector.  I went to this page and downloaded the files: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/OneDrive-Tools/5b1f09810462d72900a250e7/run.  That page says I need to import the files.  I don't see how I do that and there's no file within the contents that makes me think that's the item I click on to install something.  Any advice on how I get OneDrive input and output tools installed? Pleeease?!?! :-D  Thanks in advance, people!!

7 REPLIES 7
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kurtwz1 - once you run the Gallery app, you should see the following - 

vObKL9

Clicking on the highlighted link will download the tool installer - it is a .yxi extension, and if you double-click it it will give you a popup that allows you to install the tool. If you are accessing the Gallery using Internet Explorer, it will actually download as a .zip instead. If possible, please use a different browser to download. If not, you can edit the file extension from a .zip to a .yxi and that should fix it!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
kurtwz1
5 - Atom

Hey Sophia, thanks for the info.  That's exactly what it was.  I was using Microsoft Edge to download and it came as a .zip, so I just changed the file extension.  Thanks for the help! - Kurt

Brian_H
7 - Meteor

Hi SophiaF,

When I try and run one_drive_v1.0.1.yxi I continually get this error. Any idea what might be causing it?

Thank

Brian

Capture.JPG

mje5056
5 - Atom

I'm having the same error message while installing.  Any thoughts?

Brian_H
7 - Meteor

If you are using VPN or behind a company firewall, try the install without thoughts. That is what ended up working for me.

Bhavana
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sophia,

I am still struggling with this. Need to connect to a file on OneDrive. which format do I need to choose from in the scroll below? None of the links below end up downloading anything. what am I missing? can you please advise?

Bhavana_0-1617306748623.png

Bhavana
6 - Meteoroid

hi Sophia,

I was able to download v1.0.1 version, it shows this error

Bhavana_1-1617307547629.png

please advise.

thank you

Bhavana

Labels