community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Connect linked data sources in designer...Alias needed?

Asteroid

Hey All!

(2018.2 designer & connect)

When I bring up a data source that is a file(.yxdb), I'm able to drag it to the canvas successfully, connect and carry on. When I attempt to drag a sql db source to the canvas I get an error even though I have proper credentials. I feel like I'm missing something simple here.  

This is the Connect a file or Database when I drag from Connect Search window in designer:

odbc:DRIVER={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};SERVER=ABCPPTVSQL122;UID=USERNAME;PWD=__EncPwd1__

This is the Connect a file or Database when I connect via input tool:

odbc:DSN=ABCPPTVSQL122

(I just deleted and reconnected to this Database and it now reads...aka:ABCPPTVSQL122)

The database was loaded using the SQL Loader. Is there an adjustment that can be done on the loader side of things or should it be done in the individuals designer? Is there a process for data connections in 2018.2 that may differ from earlier versions(10.6) that should be addressed?

Cheers!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Edit to add: The error message from the input tool when dragged from the search window reads...

Error: Input Data (4): Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NoSass'.

Labels