Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connect In-DB with 32 bit data source

stefjaro
5 - Atom

Hi,

I used to connect to a 32-bit data source (ODBC) via Input Data and it worked perfectly (DRIVER={Oracle in OraClient12Home1_32bit}). Now I would like to use same connection with Connect In-db but I don't how to proceed? I'm receiving the below error message after connection is setup.

Thanks for your help!

Stefan

alteryx error.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@stefjaro In-DB tools with current versions only support 64-bit database drivers/connections. The In-DB tools have always had a requirements that the driver match the bitness of the application. So 64-bit Designer In-DB tools required 64-bit drivers, and 32-bit Designer In-DB tools required 32-bit drivers. Since we no longer offer or support a 32-bit version of Designer (the last available 32-bit version was 10.6) all In-DB tools now require 64-bit drivers. As such in order to use these tools with your Oracle connection you will need to install a 64-bit Oracle driver.

stefjaro
5 - Atom

Thanks for the swift reply Kevin! I'll investigate how to obtain Oracle 64-bit driver.

djdheeraj
5 - Atom

Hi .. I am working with IBM DB2 and that is setup on 32 bit platform. I am unable to use IN DB tool because there is no option available to connect with 32 bit. Please suggest

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@djdheeraj

Currently Alteryx doesn't support IBM DB2 through In-DB, however we do allow for reading and writing to IBM DB2 through our Input and Output tool, you can check out the documentation on this data source here.