Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connect In-DB with 32 bit data source

stefjaro
5 - Atom

Hi,

I used to connect to a 32-bit data source (ODBC) via Input Data and it worked perfectly (DRIVER={Oracle in OraClient12Home1_32bit}). Now I would like to use same connection with Connect In-db but I don't how to proceed? I'm receiving the below error message after connection is setup.

Thanks for your help!

Stefan

alteryx error.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@stefjaro In-DB tools with current versions only support 64-bit database drivers/connections. The In-DB tools have always had a requirements that the driver match the bitness of the application. So 64-bit Designer In-DB tools required 64-bit drivers, and 32-bit Designer In-DB tools required 32-bit drivers. Since we no longer offer or support a 32-bit version of Designer (the last available 32-bit version was 10.6) all In-DB tools now require 64-bit drivers. As such in order to use these tools with your Oracle connection you will need to install a 64-bit Oracle driver.

stefjaro
5 - Atom

Thanks for the swift reply Kevin! I'll investigate how to obtain Oracle 64-bit driver.

djdheeraj
5 - Atom

Hi .. I am working with IBM DB2 and that is setup on 32 bit platform. I am unable to use IN DB tool because there is no option available to connect with 32 bit. Please suggest

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@djdheeraj

Currently Alteryx doesn't support IBM DB2 through In-DB, however we do allow for reading and writing to IBM DB2 through our Input and Output tool, you can check out the documentation on this data source here.