Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect In-DB isn't finishing

moblender
7 - Meteor

Help! I have an In-DB workflow that is getting stuck at the end but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Any suggestions?

moblender_0-1650469759959.png

11 REPLIES 11
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

how many records are going out via datastream out - and how many GB of ram are you running? I've seen substantial issues with ram maxing freezing the workflow at datastream out. add a sample tool before datastream out and set it to 1000 records. If this works - this just means you are pulling out a ton of data and maxing out your system.

moblender
7 - Meteor

I added the sample and it flowed through the sample and is again stuck at the data stream out. The odd thing is that this workflow typically runs VERY quickly (~10 seconds) and has not been changed so I'm a bit confused as to why all of the sudden its doing this.

moblender
7 - Meteor

Additionally I just checked my database file that most recently worked. 7,844 records. On top of that, I set the sample tool to 10,000 records and that has completed but the data stream out tool is still refusing to work.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

o.k. - delete the datastream out tool and run.

add the datastream out tool back.

moblender
7 - Meteor

I will do that now. Another tidbit; it will not write to a browse in-db either.

moblender
7 - Meteor

Okay so I've placed a few random browse tools in here. The workflow runs fine UNTIL there is a browse tool AFTER the left outer join. Any tools that need to write after that left outer join prevent the workflow from finishing. 

moblender_0-1650472355033.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

any chance the join is set up wrong or needs another field? if not - try to cut it out and repaste it in.Alteryx generates sql based upon the in-db tools and sometimes junk gets left in...

moblender
7 - Meteor

The joins are okay. I actually am at a total loss. I kept moving browse tools around. In the orders query container, if I put the browse after the final inner join, the workflow won't move forward. These are oracle odbc connections and I can't find any connection errors or  anything like that. I rebuilt the workflow and tried that, to no avail. I'm completely stumped. It's not my machine either, it's doing the same thing on multiple machines, in multiple locations.

moblender
7 - Meteor

I was hopeful the weekend rest would provide a hands free solution but hose hopes have been dashed. Still facing the same problem. I guess I'll start testing the sql queries individually to see what I can gather, though other opinions or help is very much welcome.

Labels