Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect Alteryx to Salesforce with MFA activated

jvargas
5 - Atom

Hi community,

We have been using the connections from Alteryx to Salesforce using API user, password and security token. But since Salesforce enforce to use MFA (Multifactor Authenticator), we have been facing some issues to connet.

Accourdint to this article: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.security_require_2fa_api.htm&type=5

We already followed all the steps to activated de MFA in the user and then we applied the one-time passwords (TOTPs).

There is something else we are missing here? Because, at this point we cannot connect Alteryx to Salesforce. This is the error message we receive: INVALID_SESSION_ID: This session is not valid for use with the REST API

2 REPLIES 2
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@jvargas I hope you were able to figure this out!

If not, here is a thread I found about this error with Salesforce. It looks like there might be some other settings that you need to adjust to make this possible. Either way, please let us know how this turns out.

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000335524&type=1

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
iain_sterland
6 - Meteoroid

@jvargas try this - worked for me. 

You'll need to change a setting in the Profile you are using for the Salesforce account - note you'll probably need a sys-admin account for this.

1. Open Salesforce 
  2. Hit "Setup", go to "Profiles" and select the profile for the account you're using in Alteryx
  3. Next hit "Session Settings"
  4. You should see a setting called "Session Security Level Required at Login". Hit "Edit" and changed this setting from "High Assurance" to "None". Finally hit "Save" and that should fix things.

Labels