Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Confirming All Records in Union

Nageen
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community! 

I am combining ~25 files of the same format into a Unioned file. The Union seemed to be adding about 50 extra records for some reason (out of about 625,000 records). Is there some way I can make sure all records from the 25 files are being included in the Union? Either, 

• Automatic sum check with the number of records in each file equaling the number of records in the unioned file (rather than having to add manually)
  • Or, tracking each record to see where the addition occurred

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Nageen ,

that is strange. Are you sure there are no extra lines in your excel files? I would recommend you to first do a null check value with a filter tool on a column that should always be filled just to check if some extra lines from the excel files were taken.

Sometimes, even if you have empty rows, alteryx will take the lines filled with nulls (happens mostly on bottom lines from the files).

If thats not the case tell me and I will think about another solution (have one already in mind but is kinda overcomplicated :P)

cheers

Nageen
8 - Asteroid

That helped me figure out which file was pulling in nulls. Thank you!

Labels