Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Configure multiple DataFlow XML Pulls

Ckaralis
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I am trying to configure and reformat an XML pull from a OneSource product called DataFlow. The attached excel document is an example of what that the pull includes. Row 1 contains the unique package ID for each package included in the pull. Column A contains the named ranges within the package "2865". The data stored in each of those named ranges in the DataFlow Database is then shown in Column B (Represented by Data 1, Data 2, etc.). The same logic is applied to the following two columns for a different request ID and so on and so forth. 

Therefore, I would need the workflow to be dynamic so that it recognizes and picks up all columns of data that are in the input file which could be 6 or 600 depending on the analysis.

Another issue I am having with this data set is that the name ranges are not listed consistently on the same row for each request ID. For example, Row 14 represents the TaxType for request ID 2865 but also represents the Period for request ID 2866.

I would like my output to be configured so that all the XML range name and data for each request ID in the input file are stacked and each record is tagged with its appropriate request ID. So there should be 3 columns in the excel output file, "Request ID", "Range Name" and "Data".

Also, please note that the Data can be numerical or text.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks,
Chris

@IanCo 

@DanielZ 

4 REPLIES 4
sumitiiest
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Ckaralis ,

Please find attached the workflow which can convert the data in the desired format with 3 columns.

I have accomplished the task using one iterative macro.

Cheers,

Sumit

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Ckaralis 

Good solution from @sumitiiest  

Here's a non-macro solution that accomplishes the same thing.  It uses 1 Multi-row tool to fill out the RequestID fields and another to build the Range Name and Data columns, followed by a cross tab and clean up.

WF.png

Results

Results.png

Dan

Ckaralis
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang and @sumitiiest 

Thank you!

@danilang I don't think you attached your version of the workflow. When I download it, I get this.

Capture.PNG

Could you reattach it?

Thanks,
Chris

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Ckaralis 

Sorry about that 

Here's the correct version

Dan

Labels