community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Configure Email tool on Alteryx 2019.1

Atom

Hello,

I had an old version of Alteryx where I could configure the email tool, due to was an Autodetect SMTP selection. Now I have an Alteryx 2019.1 and with the existing workflows are showing the following error:

Tool #43 Record#1: Unable to create a socket after looping through all network addresses for office365.com:25

I changed the tool and included the SMTP (attached image), but now I have the following error:

Email (43) Record#1: Unable to send email: "Error with FROM: 530 5.7.57 SMTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM [LNXP123CA0007.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM] ¶"

Can you please advice?

As a note, I had only one model which still working without the SMTP configuration, however once I copied and paste the tool, does not work in other files

Many thanks,

Alteryx
Alteryx

@pdgzi 

In the newer versions of Alteryx Designer you indeed need to specify an smtp server you want to use - the auto-detect version has been disabled. The server you're using (office365.com:25) requires authentication however the email tool at the moment doesn't work with smtp/email relay servers requiring authentication.

I'd suggest you speak to your IT and ask what server your company uses - the one that was auto-detected previously.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey everyone,

For those of you following this thread, as of the 2019.3 version of Alteryx Designer we have authentication functionality within the Email Tool. Users can now enter their credentials (username & password), select an encryption method, and connect to the appropriate port number.

If you are interested in connecting to a Gmail or other email service that was not previously supported by Alteryx Designer, please refer to the following knowledge base article to learn more on how to do so.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Send-Emails-Through-Gmail-Us...

Labels