Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Configuration files in Input Data tool

gechio
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

The Alteryx workflow that I am dealing with is quite straightforward: All it does is taking three Oracle files with headcount numbers and consolidates them into one file (there are also a few mapping involved, but whatever), creating a tde which will in turn be uploaded into Tableau. All I am wondering is wether Alteryx is able to deal with configuration file. Instead of putting the directory of the Oracle files directly into the Input tool, I would put a configuration file in there which holds all the parameters for the location of the relevant files. That would become useful if the directory or other parameters change in future, so we won't have to go into Alteryx directly but will be able to change only the config. file instead.

I'd really appreciate any help!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is a job for the Dynamic Input tool. You can read a config file which contains the directory information for the Oracle files and then pass the directory information to the Dynamic Input tool.

Labels