Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Statements - Meeting some criteria but not all

jalizmaldonado
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I was able to meet the first part of my formula but then the fields labelled as "60600 Salaries & Benefits : Vacation expense" went NULL. Then I tried readding it and everything became "60600 Salaries & Benefits : Vacation expense" 

How do I tell Alteryx:

IF both conditions are met, then make the change ELSE if only one is met, leave it alone and if none are met leave that alone too?

IF (Contains([COMBREG INPUT], "Vacation Accrue") && Contains ([G/L CATEGORIES (CR)],"60600 Salaries & Benefits : Vacation expense")) THEN '22350 Accrued Vacation'

ELSEIF

(CONTAINS ([G/L CATEGORIES (CR)], "60600 Salaries & Benefits : Vacation expense"))

THEN '60600 Salaries & Benefits : Vacation expense'

ELSE null()endif

2 REPLIES 2
randreag
11 - Bolide

hello @jalizmaldonado 

I check your condition and it is doing what you ask, if I undestood well

Just attached a simple example, maybe you have another condition that is invalidating this one?

jalizmaldonado
8 - Asteroid

Hi @randreag You're formula didn't work for me. However, I was able to figure it out.

IF (Contains([COMBREG INPUT], "Vacation Accrue") && Contains ([G/L CATEGORIES (CR)],"60600 Salaries & Benefits : Vacation expense"))
THEN '22350 Accrued Vacation'
else
[G/L CATEGORIES (CR)]
endif

It appears that I was being redundant. 

Labels