Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Output Based on Number of Records

AMalkin
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I searched around, but haven't found quite what I'm looking for. 

I have a script where I need to create an Excel file but limit it to 500 records. If there are more than 500 records in the output data, then a second (or third) output file needs to be created.

Is this possible? 

Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7
Bdonahue
7 - Meteor

Batch Macro would be your best bet if you have an unknown number of records coming in.  You set up the macro to create the file with batch being the control parameter.  In the workflow you'd just group them into groups of 500.

AMalkin
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! Can you explain a bit more? I'm a pretty new user, and not familiar with macros. 

Thank you!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AMalkin if you are creating an excel file in the output tool you can specify the Max records per file. Once it reaches the limit it will create another file. If that doesn't work I mocked up a workflow that should create a new file once it reaches 500 records.

500_Records_190919.PNG

AMalkin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AMalkin the attached is a slightly amended workflow where it produces a total for each file.

AMalkin
6 - Meteoroid

@

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There is not much Alteryx can't do @AMalkin where there is a will there is usually a way.

Labels