Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Multi-Row

LindonB
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Still trying to get a handle on the multi-row formula. I've got a dataframe where I have a column labeling whether there was a second client interaction within one day. I simply am now trying to return the first customer contact ID when a second contact was made. This means that, in the attached WF, I want to group on the name and return the last row's ID sequence whenever a value of 'yes' appears in the Second column. I'm having a bit of trouble with the syntax though. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
kgalbert
9 - Comet

Hi LSB123,

I think I understand what you're trying to do, but I'm not entirely certain.  In your example would Andrew Jones have no results because he doesn't have any 'Yes' in the [Second] column?

See the attached workflow.  I didn't use the multi-row function.  Instead I filtered for the encounters that had a 'Yes' then used a Summarized tool to get to the earliest date, then joined it back to the original data.

Let me know if this wasn't what you were looking for.  There might be a way to do this with a multi-row filter, but this just seemed easier.

Thanks,
Ken

LindonB
8 - Asteroid

Hi khalbert,

Yes, exactly. This is certainly helpful! Unfortunately, filtering doesn't exactly work as if there is a meeting followed by a meeting the next day followed by a meeting the next day the second makes the third a repeat as well, as is the case with John Smith.

Here's how I ended up solving it. I added a multi row formula grouped on the name to take the ID - 1. I added no condition and didn't filter before hand. That basically added a column for the row prior's ID. Then I filered to only have the second interaction equal yes.

Thanks again!!!

Labels