Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Join

Syam_Alfuttaim
7 - Meteor

Hi,
I have two large data set as per stated model. I needs to bring the filed1 from dataset-1 to dataset-2 with the condition that the value of filed 1 should be in between from "Value From" and "Value To" in Dataset-1. Please help me.

20200121_Data Set1.JPG20200121_Data Set2.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Syam_Alfuttaim,

You could append the tables and filter for where results are between your to and from values, i mocked up my own sample data but the same principles should apply:

The formula I used in the filter:

[Field2] >= [ValueFrom]
AND [Field2] <= [ValueTo]

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Syam_Alfuttaim another way to do this would be with a generate rows tool setup like this to fill between your from and to values:

OllieClarke_0-1579689823726.png

Then if you join the created field onto the second data source you'll get your answer

OllieClarke_1-1579689854550.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Syam_Alfuttaim
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thank for your replay. However please note my datasets so large as I cant use "Append Fields" tool as it limited to 16 values. Please find stated and requesting to suggest another solution.

20200121_Append Field Error.JPG

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

This is an option that can be disabled in the tool itself. Look for the drop down menu at the bottom. 

Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

is the "DataSet 1" fixed i.e is it a fixed reference from A to Z? I also noticed that B should have the "Value To" 16 not 15 if this is a fixed reference table.

Syam_Alfuttaim
7 - Meteor

Dataset-1 values not necessary to be continues from the previous.

Labels