Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Conditional Input

Pankaj_G
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

SO i have a scenario, I have data available in form of ODBC connection but now i have a scenario. So i have an input file and i have few codes in them, Now i am in need to apply a filter there, If there are codes available in the excel file then only those codes should move forward after matching it with the excel sheet,Most importantly, If the excel sheet is empty then all the rows in ODBC tables should move forward

Please help me out its bit urgent.

3 REPLIES 3
Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @Pankaj_G  Sounds like your on the right track with the filter tool. This could be one of the first steps in the workflow checking for the speicified codes. IF any match and are found to be True in the filter the T anchor can lead to the rest of your process where the F anchor can hove nothing and therefore the process wills stop there for any unmatched data.

Similarly for the Excel being empty ou could also use a filter as a sort of conditonal process

Pankaj_G
7 - Meteor

I still need a way to do this, I don't see any option how can i add a filter when there is no data in excel, then all data should get processed

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Pankaj_G One way of doing this, add a counter tool and if no records are found in the excel sheet the count would be zero and it will pass all the records to output else only the matching records to be write into the output

binuacs_0-1668687113337.png

Labels