Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Formatting on Sort

Nageeen
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I'm wondering how the following conditional formatting scenarios can be achieved. I am looking at a document comment report for different documents (with different "document IDs"). Each document can have multiple comment threads, which all have the same "thread ID"

1. Highlighting the latest comment in a thread, e.g. the comment with the most recent date in the "modified date" column for each thread ID.

2. In a separate Excel worksheet tab, turning each "document ID" green if all comments have been marked "resolved" in the status column. 

Also, I want this conditional formatting to export to the Excel report. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Nageeen 

Not sure if this is the most elegant solution, but I think this will get you close.

I added an example 3 to show a document name where all the comments are not resolved. 

Let us know if this works for you!

Capture.JPG

Nageeen
5 - Atom

Thank you! This works well. I'm still having some issues exporting to Excel since I'm hoping the two workflows streams are on separate worksheet tabs in the same workbook, but I'm working through it. Thanks again!!

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Nageeen 

Glad it worked for you!

Here is one way to render the two sheets to the same document:

Capture.JPG

The formula tools create the sheet names and give you something to group on. Tables can be combined with the Union tool. Then the Layout Tool allows you to design the layout and section by sheet name. 

Let us know if this works for you and good luck!

Nageeen
5 - Atom

Works great, thank you so much for all of your help!!

Labels