Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Formatting on Dynamic/Unknown Fields in Table Tool

mingmingx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone, I posted this a few weeks ago but I didn't attach a sample workflow so it was hard to understand my question.

Here I made a sample workflow to simplify my question:

In the report, the headers are date of the past 7 days, so they will always be changing as time goes on. I want to highlight the field with value higher than 7 days average, and it's hard to make formatting rules one by one. so I have to set rule for dynamic unknown fields and I don't know how to make the conditional formula work for unknown fields

For anyone who is checking my question, please go to the table tool and see the rule I set for the field [2019_08_26], I hope to have the dynamic unknown fields to have the same conditional formatting.. (when it's greater than the average, highlight as orange)

Capture826.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
adamorse
9 - Comet

If you click on the "dynamic and unknown fields" and then the "edit column rules" and modify as below, will that achieve what you are looking for?

clipboard_image_0.png

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mingmingx ,

I thought a workaround might be a bit easier. What if you were to just append the average value to the changing dates values and leave them in one column. That way you can you just set your rule in the Table for the Value Column and don't have to worry about the unknowns. See attached.

Thanks,

Mike

mingmingx
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Mike @MichaelSu ,

I just ran the workflow you attached, and it achieved the conditional formatting, but how can I crosstab it to make each date as the header?

mingmingx
6 - Meteoroid

It worked!!!! Thank you!!!!

Denisa_Grecu
8 - Asteroid

Hello @mingmingx,

I have one project which had the same issue as yours.

I did the conditional formatting, but I am struggling to crosstab it to make each date as the header of the basic table tool.

Could you please let me know which was the solution that you found in here?

Thank you,

Denisa

Labels