Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Delet Columns

verast23
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I have to delete columns, if they include specific values. E.g.:

if Field 3 contains "Previous FC" and Field 6 contains "Previous Quarter", then these two columns should be deleted.

Field 1Field 2Field 3Field 4Field 5 Field 6Field 7
123872Previous FC9872000Previous Quarter387

Would be great if someone could help me. 

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @verast23,

I was thinking that I can sort it out with 2 formulas but it was a little bit more complicated.

First I have checked if the criteria are met. If yes I created a flag. Afterwards, I have used this flag to remove the data.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@verast23,

Please see below:

messi007_0-1617174670179.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps,

Regards

verast23
7 - Meteor

Thanks @messi007  for your solution it works.

However, one more hurdle has occurred. In Field 3 & Field 6 is not always "Previous FC" & "Previous Quarter", so if Previous FC/Quarter isn't in Field 3/6, all columns should be shown.

If I remove Previous Quarter and Previous FC in your workflow, the filter tool gives me an error.

verast23
7 - Meteor

Hi @Emil_Kos ,

thanks for your solution. I still have the problem that the whole column was not deleted, although the criteria were met. I additionally got an warning message, that you are using a newer version of alteryx and that you possibly use tools that are not available for me.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @verast23 ,

How about this solution

Regards

verast23
7 - Meteor

Thank you @afv2688 ! Works perfectly.

Labels