Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Condensing Row Data in Fewer Tools

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm attempting to get the info from these three columns condensed into one row - issue is the values that I need are in 3 separate rows. I need the value from the second cell under total accrual, first under nonaccrual, and third under principal all to be on the same row, and only that row is needed. I believe I can figure this out but in many more tools than necessary, so was hoping you guys may be able to help condense the process. Thanks!

BSmithPdubz_0-1597064340804.png

2 REPLIES 2
Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @BSmithdubz,

Is the table always going to be formatted that exact way?

If so it looks like the value you want is always going to be the highest one in any particular column (this is quite a big assumption on my part).

If that was the case you could just use a summarise tool, and get the MAX of each column like this -

Ben_H_0-1597065934000.png

There are various other ways of doing it but this is the simplest I can think of assuming that value you need in each column will always be the max

Regards,

Ben

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

At this point for this particular section in the workflow, I think assuming that the values I want grouped together are all going to be the max and your method can be used. Later on I will have to aggregate a lot of this data together for different banks, but for now I think I can assume this works. Thank you. 

Labels