Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenation of all dynamic fields

CaptainJaneway
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx-Community, 2019-04-10 10_45_58-Alteryx Designer x64 - DBtoDB.CT.MultipleSummarize.yxmc_.png

I want just to concatenate ALL fields from a "Optional Incoming Connection"-Input without GroupBy. Showing Field Map is not necessary. The number of fields and their names can vary. But the type and comma-seperator will be for all fields the same. The type of all fields is V_WString. First I tried it with "Select->All" in the Summarize-Tool. But it didn't save this configuration for other vary incoming connections. So i want to try update Raw XML, but I'm not familiar with it and my first try was with inspiration from another topic. Unfortunately it does not work. I appreciate any help! 

Thanks and greetings

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @CaptainJaneway,

I don't seem to get what you are really looking for, because what you are telling us and what I see on the image are different things.

What I suppose that you want to do is select on the list box the fields and concatenate them on the summarize tool. Am I right?

Like on this example, concatenating a name, address and a phone number:

Untitled.png

CaptainJaneway
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your reply. My english is unfortunately insufficient to express my wishes correctly. I added a sample of my Alteryx-Workflow. I don´t want to concatenate all field values, but all values by each field. My reason for all this is, that I want to create a delete sql statement. My only problem is that I can´t handle vary incoming connections. 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @CaptainJaneway,

First, your english isn't bad, it's really good :) but to explain sometimes what you want to do is difficult even to your colleagues speaking natively (some experience in the field haha).

Second, I have seen you SQL statement and looks great. I haven't worked in a while with SQL statements but it seems that for my example and using your WF:

DELETE FROM tableDummy WHERE [address] IN ('fake street 123') AND [name] IN ('erick') AND [phone] IN ('555-568-789')

Shouldnt in the statement the column names be without the square brackets? Don't know it that is the issue.

Also append the the semicolon :)

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @CaptainJaneway 

You were very close in your original macro.  All you needed to do was replace this part 

Before.png

With this 

After.png

The summarize tool in your original doesn't handle dynamic fields.  I replaced it with the transpose/crosstab/transpose sequence, all of which handle dynamic fields, and the sequence gives the same results as your 3 original tools

I made a couple of other minor changes as well. I had to increase some text field sizes and your Crew's macros aren't installed in the same location as mine, so I had to reinsert the Dynamic Metadata macro

Here are the results

Results.png

The image is a little small but in the second one I renamed all the fields, deleted [Card] and added an extra one [Field8].

Fun debugging exercise

Dan

CaptainJaneway
7 - Meteor

I bow to you!! That´s it! Now I can delete easily all occurring rows from my database. I also add the semicolon ;)  Best regards

Labels