Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Concatenation help

manishbofa
5 - Atom

I want to concatenate two columns with adding one character in between How can I do that?  Required output shared below.

Owner          Company           Concatenate

a                        1                       a1

b                        2                       b2

c                        3                       c3

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

For questions regarding Designer functionality, please post them in the Designer Discussions forum.  For your question, you'll want to make use of the Formula tool.  The Tool Mastery Index is a great place to learn specific tools, like the Formula tool.  Also, the Alteryx Academy has plenty of free tutorials, learning paths, vides, use cases, etc., to help you on your Alteryx journey!  Hint on your question:  the plus key 🙂

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thanks for your post, @manishbofa. We moved it in here for more visibility. 😉

Flávia Brancato
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @manishbofa 

You can use the '+' operator. Add a Formula Tool, give the new field the name "Concatenate" and type the following in the formula editor:

[Owner] + [Company] 

Actually the Alteryx Help document is really useful. You can find the details on the mathematical operators here: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/operators

If you are new to Alteryx, i suggest that you take the Interactive Lessons if you have not already done so.

Dawn.

Labels