Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenate 3 Columns into ONE NEW COLUMN

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I have searched through the discussion boards and I am not finding help on one issue I have.  I have to create a NEW Column named "NewCOLUMN", in that column I would like to use 3 columns information, separated by a comma.  Attached is a copy of the data.  

Column 1Column 2Column 3
Joe8/2/2010Smith
Steve8/25/2008Perry
Sue1/4/2010Parsons
Peter1/25/2021Piper
Ralph10/22/2000Machio

I would like NewCOLUMN to show Row 1 as: 

Joe,02/08/2010,Smith

I can do this in Excel with a concatenate formula as CONCAT(A2,",",TEXT(B2,"dd/mm/yyyy"),",",C2)

But how do I do this in Alteryx???

16 REPLIES 16
Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@michelle_mathews The fields I am using are V_String.  Attached is a section of the actual data set.

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@Adam_B , thanks for attaching some data. I looked at it and it seems Alteryx doesn't like the square brackets in the column names. I used a Dynamic Rename tool to remove the ' [ ' and ' ] ' characters. Alternatively, you could have renamed the fields in the Select tool so that they didn't have the brackets. Hope this helps! 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Adam_B One way of dong this with the dynamic rename tool

binuacs_0-1664831338377.png

Love this suggestion @binuacs !

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@michelle_mathews @binuacs Thank you so much!!! Very helpful, learned a lot today. 

elzwol
5 - Atom

How to move text/ column 2 to a new line? I mean replace "," with enter button ? so 1 field looks like this:

[Column1]

[Column2]

[Column3] 

Labels