community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
SOLVED

Concat Column into one Row

Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a poll dataset that is formatted in a somewhat annoying way. How can I concat all of the following responses in the "When choosing a new physician, what information is most important to you?" column into one row separated by a comma. 

SourceDoctor IDDeviceWhen choosing a new physician, what information is most important to you
https://www.thechristhospital.com/physician-details?Provider=C21Q0VFETRC21Q0VFETRdesktopPractice location(s)
   Education
   Reviews/ratings
   Insurances accepted
   Years of experience
   Accepting new patients

Thanks for the assistance!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @bryan_ram2613 

Summarize tool has a concatenation function to do what I think you're looking for.

image.pngSelect your field you wish to concatenate and add using the option shown here

image.pngIn your concatenated field, use these options to specify how to concatenating.

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

Alteryx
Alteryx

clipboard_image_0.png

Asteroid

@jrgoand @nitinsnow  I have tried this but I am running into errors because I have the same use case happening multiple times throughout the data set and it groups the blanks rows together. I attached an example file. 

Alteryx Certified Partner

@bryan_ram2613 

See if the attached solution solves the issue. The YXDB you provided looks like it used a record as the headers so i copied the results into a text input tool using the default headers, i.e. Field1, Field2, etc...

image.png

Multi-Row tool is used to fill down the ID in the first column which is used as the grouping field within the Summarize tool. for the other fields, i just kept the FIRST and then concatenated that last field.

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

Asteroid

@jrgo That did. Thank you. Appreciate it greatly!

Labels