Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Components not caching anymore

miumarvin1
5 - Atom

I used to be able to cache certain components and the box around it and previous components would be outlined with a grey box.

Recently, when i have tried caching the same component, the box will not appear. When I right click on the component, it will say "Clear Cache" but if I go to run the project, it will act as if the data has not been cached and load it all again.

Please could someone advise how to fix this solution?

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@miumarvin1,

Short of a Restart, I'd try closing Alteryx and opening it again.  If that doesn't work, then I'd make use of CTRL-ALT-DEL and grab a cup of coffee.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hi @miumarvin1,

Have you enabled the runtime option of "Disable all tools that write output"? This will disable the caches from working properly; it is a bug that has been identified and due to be fixed in the next release.

Capture.PNG

Sam :)

miumarvin1
5 - Atom

Yes, that is currently ticked. I'll try again without it ticked, thanks

miumarvin1
5 - Atom

Thanks, SamDesk. It worked for me!

rmwillis1973
8 - Asteroid

It hasn't been fixed & it's making a huge negative impact on my ability to test workflows.

I am currently working out of the office & rely on caching to do a 1-time data pull, which then runs quickly on my machine running remotely from the work network.

The module is alrerady taking a long time to run when it's pulling from the network, and i cannot have sufficient time to re-run it from the network every time.

2019.3 - what a pain!

Labels