Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Complex row formula for table tool

Julianus
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Alteryx community,

I am looking for a solution for the following:

I want to highlight specific cells in a specific row, if the values in these cells are the same as the values in another specific row.

To explain a bit more what I need I tried to create the following visualisation:

Julianus_1-1617890507609.png

So, if in column A, a row contains 6, than I want to match the values of that row to the values included in for example row 3. If these match, than I want to highlight that specific cell.

Can someone please help me to translate this into a formula that I can use as "row rule" in the table tool?

thank you very much!

kind regards,

Marc

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Julianus 

Applying colors to duplicate values is possible, but we need to do some work before the Table tool. The problem is that the Table tool doesn't have the multi-row functionality so we'll need to prepare that ahead of time. 

I put together an example that identifies duplicate values in [Column C] and will apply a unique color to each value. It work by assigning a color and joining a style expression to those rows that the Table tool can then use.

20210408-ColorDuplicates2.JPG

Check out the attached example and let me know if you have any questions. 

Julianus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi CharlieS,

thanks for the input! I actually only want to highlight the cell B, not the entire row.

In the meanwhile I thought of another way to solve this. It is perhaps not the most efficient but I combined

some filter, formula and multi-row tools to achieve the same results.

Thanks for the help!

kind regards,

Marc

Labels