Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Complex row formula for table tool

Julianus
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Alteryx community,

I am looking for a solution for the following:

I want to highlight specific cells in a specific row, if the values in these cells are the same as the values in another specific row.

To explain a bit more what I need I tried to create the following visualisation:

Julianus_1-1617890507609.png

So, if in column A, a row contains 6, than I want to match the values of that row to the values included in for example row 3. If these match, than I want to highlight that specific cell.

Can someone please help me to translate this into a formula that I can use as "row rule" in the table tool?

thank you very much!

kind regards,

Marc

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Julianus 

Applying colors to duplicate values is possible, but we need to do some work before the Table tool. The problem is that the Table tool doesn't have the multi-row functionality so we'll need to prepare that ahead of time. 

I put together an example that identifies duplicate values in [Column C] and will apply a unique color to each value. It work by assigning a color and joining a style expression to those rows that the Table tool can then use.

20210408-ColorDuplicates2.JPG

Check out the attached example and let me know if you have any questions. 

Julianus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi CharlieS,

thanks for the input! I actually only want to highlight the cell B, not the entire row.

In the meanwhile I thought of another way to solve this. It is perhaps not the most efficient but I combined

some filter, formula and multi-row tools to achieve the same results.

Thanks for the help!

kind regards,

Marc

Labels