Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Complex issue of output not running on server properly definitely need guidance

carl-meyer
7 - Meteor

Step 1: Okay so to begin with my workflow had 7 different outputs all outputting to a certain folder and when run off the server it gives my no output generated and it just populates the folder. And we want to be able to download the files off the server so we pick excel and download each of the 7. Here is screenshots step 2 after.

Capture 2.PNGCapture.PNG

Step 2: So, we saw a potential workaround to union the data and create a file path and then in the output tool changing the file path to the file path created. And this is what that looks like. Step 3 is the final error we get when ran on the server

Capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Step 3: When we run it on the server this is the error we get

Capture 2.PNG

Final Note: Thought there might be an issue with the BAK files that were created but I tried fixes but there wasnt just much help on it and im not sure thats even the fix.

1 REPLY 1
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @carl-meyer 

Its slightly hard to follow, and the screenshot of the workflow is quite low res, so apologies if i am misunderstanding. However, the error in step 3 typically indicates that you are trying to write out multiple sheets to the same excel file at the same time. This isn't something possible with Excel files - as whilst they are open in one Output Data tool, they are locked so the other tool cannot open it. 

Theres many ways to fix this, i think the easiest is the 'Block Until Done' tool within the Developer tab, this stalls a part of the workflow from running until another part has finished running, so you can ensure it has fully finished creating your first sheet before creating the second. 

Do bare in mind this tool has been known to have issues with the AMP engine.

Hope this helps,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels