Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Completeness Checking on the Data Input

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I would like to ask if there is any way for us to check whether all the data or number of row /column in multiple files had been imported successfully in the Alteryx.

It is because i running the macro with multiple of data and would like to know if there is anyway for us to check to ensure all the data had been imported successfully.

Many thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @SH_94, there is no out-of-the-box solution or feature to check data completeness. You will have to build some form of solution to test for various scenarios you would expect your data to have.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @AbhilashR ,

Thanks a lot for the information.

May i know how you all normally do the checking in the alteryx ? Could someone give some examples so that i have the ideas on how to develop the checking from my side?

Thank you.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Here is one example showcasing how you can check if the incoming input has the appropriate number of columns as what you expect...

https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2019/05/30/how-to-reject-inputs-in-alteryx/

Ben

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @SH_94 ,

There is no right answer here, you would need just to check your data outside and compare it with the results you get inside. Or if the data needs to sum a specific number you could just check that too.

For example, count the amount of lines you have retrieved from a database within the alteryx process and outside of it.

Regards

Labels