Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compatibility issue from 2021.1 to 2020.3

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

So I have been working on the latest stable release of 2021.1 for the last few weeks creating tons of macros, SDK based custom tools and workflows. There comes a new requirement that client is fixated on 2020.3 version. When trying to reuse them in the older version, I obviously got the issue of incompatibility of the higher versioned tools. 

Is there ANY way to bring them to work in 2020.3 without having to recreate every single one of them. And if so is that prone to failure or not?

Thank you and Have a nice day

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@fardeen9983  When you say "higher versioned", do you mean the tools that don't exist in the lower version?

Or does something like this solve your question...?
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Need-help-stripping-out-parsing-text-f...

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Clarification - I was pointing to my own reply about editing the XML to read as a different version.

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

No. My mistake here. By higher versioned tools, I am referring to custom tools created in 2021.1. The alteryx built in tools are present across the version. And your solution in the given linked solved my problem. Many thanks

Labels