Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparison of all fields in Row 1 to Row 2 and writing the result to Row 3

nijanthanand
5 - Atom

I have been trying to automate some repetitive QA stuff that is for comparing records, with Alteryx where I'm basically trying to compare all fields in successive rows and writing the comparison results(Yes-If records match, No-If records dont match) to the next blank row.

Basically I'm trying to compare fields in Row-1 to Row-2 and write the match results to Row-3. So if Field 2 matches between Row-1 and Row-2 then Row-3 would have a value of Yes for Field 2.

Similarly compare fields in Row 4 to Row 5 and write to Row 6, compare Row 7 to Row 8 and write to Row 9. 

Sample Input:

Sample_Input.png

Sample Output:

Sample_Output.png

Any help or directions would be much appreciated. Thank you. I have attached the sample W/F

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @nijanthanand I mocked up a workflow that produces the output you describe. Let me know what you think?

nijanthanand
5 - Atom

Brilliant, Thank you for the workflow. I'm going to extrapolate it to my larger use case. Will get back to you shortly!

nijanthanand
5 - Atom

Thank you so much @JosephSerpis , it definitely helped find the optimal solution. 

Labels