Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing tables

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Good morning,
I would like to compare 2 tables -> old and new. In the new table, 2 positions have been added. I would like to know which are they.
I have been trying to solve this problem for some time - without success. Please help.

Luk88kk_1-1637050742073.png

Would it be possible to use the filter tool to obtain the changes that have taken place?

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Luk88kk ,

I think the best solution here is to use a Join tool, to Join the two tables on the ISO 3166 Code column. Countries that exist in both tables will fall out of the J output anchor of the Join tool. Countries  that are not included in one of the two tables (and hence can't be joined) will fall out of the L or R output anchors, depending where they originate from.

If your new table for example is connected to the R input anchor of the tool, you should see those two records for IT and HU falling out of the R output anchor.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Luk88kk,

you can achieve this easily with just a joint tool. By comparing the columns of the ISO code you would be able to see which countries have been added.

Untitled.png

Hope that helps

Regards

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

so simple and works perfectly 🙂
Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Labels