Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing tables

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Good morning,
I would like to compare 2 tables -> old and new. In the new table, 2 positions have been added. I would like to know which are they.
I have been trying to solve this problem for some time - without success. Please help.

Luk88kk_1-1637050742073.png

Would it be possible to use the filter tool to obtain the changes that have taken place?

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Luk88kk ,

I think the best solution here is to use a Join tool, to Join the two tables on the ISO 3166 Code column. Countries that exist in both tables will fall out of the J output anchor of the Join tool. Countries  that are not included in one of the two tables (and hence can't be joined) will fall out of the L or R output anchors, depending where they originate from.

If your new table for example is connected to the R input anchor of the tool, you should see those two records for IT and HU falling out of the R output anchor.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Luk88kk,

you can achieve this easily with just a joint tool. By comparing the columns of the ISO code you would be able to see which countries have been added.

Untitled.png

Hope that helps

Regards

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

so simple and works perfectly 🙂
Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Labels